I'm not a life coach, hypnotherapist or counsellor. I have enormous respect for the above professions but I'm not one of them. So why on earth would you trust me?
- I've been through infertility and know the desperate desire to hold a baby in my arms. I also been through this mind-shift process myself and had radical results on the back of (slightly!) obsessive self study and know the incredible, lasting benefits of home practice and consistently prioritising my well being
- I won a commission from the biggest radio station in the UK, BBC Radio 2 (16 million listeners), to create a ‘BBC Fertility Week’. I personally produced audio content for them; advised on their digital support, pushed for radically more comprehensive online signposting than they would normally do. I worked alongside senior producers at BBC 5 Live who collaborated with Radio 2 to expand the fertility conversation. I also became BBC Fertility Week consultant to ensure they handled their output with as much sensitivity and care as possible.
- I am a patient voice and advocate. I have given interviews for the BBC; LBC; been a speaker at IVF Babble's glamorous Pineapple Ball and for Fertility Fest; my ‘Think! What Not to Say’ campaign videos have been shared at the Barbican, London and shared many thousands of times on social media. I have written many blogs for other sites and appeared on lots of podcasts.
- I provide consulting services for big brands and companies within the fertility industry and for mainstream media. I work really hard in these roles, to portray the patient experience and to help get the messaging right and start improving patient experience.
- I am in touch with the thousands of people who follow me on social media every day. I talk to them with voice notes on direct messages, I hear their most personal and most painful stories. I have learned what works and what doesn't through building a highly engaged social media community and reacting on a totally personal level. My approach to this communication is not formal- I'm just like a virtual friend, but with loads and loads of experience...!
- I am the Creative Director of an award winning independent production company, and bring creative production experience to the world of self development
- My own podcast is consistently rated 5 stars. I hear from listeners every day that it's helped enormously through really dark times. It's been recommended by Fearne Cotton (yep!), the High Low podcast and has very high download rates.
- I run regular, sell out live events with amazing feedback
- I have an MA from the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. Through my actor training, I learnt techniques to embody different characters and ways to apply how to experience life from a different perspective, which (who knew?!) helped me enormously during my own fertility journey as I learnt how to witness my own thoughts
Hopefully I've made it clear that I hold no formal coaching qualifications and that the course is based on my own experience as listed above. Please do seek advice from your healthcare provider if you feel like you need professional mental health support - and feel absolutely no shame if you do (I loved my fertility counselling, it was amazing. The mindset course will work really well alongside professional support or be used by itself. The more support and self development you do, the better).